It's All About Us
I do not mean to suggest to any soul that I am a great
writer, worthy of a following. This place is for community. It is for people of
faith to seek and find God in the support of one another. It is meant to be a
conversation. I have my own daily issues with not ever measuring up, with
perpetual underachieving in the arena of living out my Christianity, and I
share my daily struggle and joy with any person who longs for community, as I
do.
I just want to be part of the conversation.
It’s tempting to endeavor to compete in the blogging world,
to strive to measure up there, too. I follow a few excellent writers. Sometimes
I envy them their success.
But as I work out in my own mind what I really want this to
be, it’s not about proving myself worthy to be in the same league as the
greats. It’s about you.
I write with you in mind. My hope is that when you are
discouraged, when the Sunday morning high has dissipated and the Monday morning
blues set in, you know you have a place you can come to anytime, anywhere, and
not be judged for falling short. Because I fall short every day. In many ways.
I am a churchgirl, yes, meaning I love God’s church—His people—and I also love
MY church… but in this arena of faith I underachieve. Because I am a human
being. And God continues to pour out His grace and love into my life because He
sees me trying, and He sees me being honest, and this pleases Him.
It pleases our God when we face the truth of our frail
humanness, and cry to Him like little helpless children, and receive strength
from Him, and help, and forgiveness, and everything we need in order to carry
out the responsibilities He requires of us daily. Indeed, everything we have is
from our God, every thing that is truly good that we accomplish is by His
strength.
So this blog and Facebook page are not about me.
It’s about us.
Sincerely,
Churchgirl
Comments
Post a Comment