How I Became an Underachiever

I'm not sure how it happened. It was a gradual thing. Christmastime rolled around and I just decided it was Christmas, a time to rest, I needed a break. I put on my slippers and didn't leave the house for anything that was not absolutely required.

Then it was mid-January and I still hadn't made it back to church. Curling up in bed with the newspaper and a cup of coffee on Sunday morning became my new favorite ritual.

I saw my friends' posts about church on Facebook. I felt very guilty. When I did go to church, I felt awkward around my friends because I imagined they felt a little abandoned by my absence-- I know I have felt that way, many times.

I decided not to be hard on myself about it. I still prayed. I still loved God. I still even loved His church. (I will always love His church.)

I continue to go to my weekly Bible study. I know it's not much, but it's something.

I will get there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success? Or Failure? Those are Your Two Options

Accomodations for Gender Diverse Students in Nevada's Schools

No Tolerance for Christians