A Prayer





Standing on the "wrong" side of the culture is not easy. Sometimes I would rather go to my bed and pull the covers over my head than get into another facebook discussion about transgenderism, sexual morality, religion in schools, or abortion. But here we are, friends. This is the time and place in which we live. There are ideas worth defending to the death. There are hills worth dying on.

I throw myself at the feet of God who is holy and all-knowing. Because I can't go into this fight for the truth with love without Him providing it. It's not my fight. It's His. It's not my love. It's His.

Let us not be afraid of fellow humans' displeasure at us. Jesus said the most they can do to us is destroy our bodies. He said the One we should truly fear is the God who can destroy our very souls.

This is hard. It's hard because it hurts. Having people believe me to be hate-filled and repugnant hurts. Sometimes I feel like I explain and explain and explain, but no one understands. And so I pray: Lord, give them understanding. And, help me to explain. Help me to explain with love. Help me to love.

Lord, I am willing to sacrifice my reputation in the fight for You and Your ways. I am willing to die to my need to be liked.

Lord, help me.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success? Or Failure? Those are Your Two Options

Accomodations for Gender Diverse Students in Nevada's Schools

No Tolerance for Christians